On this beautiful new day, we welcome the talented Kerry Song to chat about my favorite topics – healthy eating, mental wellness, and impact-driven entrepreneurship. Kerry is the founder and CEO of Abbot’s Butcher, a brand that makes delicious, plant-based meats from quality, ethically-sourced ingredients.
Kerry has always been driven by a mission to serve others. While working with a marketing team for Tony Robbins, she was diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder that turned her life upside down. Through her own journey, she discovered the healing power of plant-based eating. On this path, she realized that there were no options for vegan meats that were truly healthy and free of chemicals and additives. So, she did what a driven person does with a good idea – she launched Abbot’s Butcher and grew a mindful, modern brand from the ground up.
Today, she shares her career journey and gives advice for entrepreneurs who want to make a difference. We talk about how and why food is medicine, and the connection between gut health, immunity, and mental health. We also explore how to make healthier food choices, what to look for on labels, and ways to support your gut.
I know you’ll be as inspired by Kerry’s story as I am! Bobby and I love their recipes! Make sure to check out Abbot’s Butcher in Whole Foods, Sprouts, Target, and more retailers.
- Abbot’s Butcher Recipes:abbotsbutcher.com/recipes
- Clean Makeup Recommendations:saiehello.com andkosas.com
- Clean Lotion Recommendations:mybiosense.com andoseamalibu.com
- Read:The Big Silence: A Daughter's Memoir of Mental Illness and Healing
- Follow Karena Dawn on Instagram:@karenadawn
- Follow The Big Silence on Instagram:@The.Big.Silence
- Subscribe:The Big Silence YouTube Channel
- Therapy For All:Resources for those in need
Donate to The Big Silencethebigsilence.com/donate to be a part of the movement to break the silence and make noise with us!
“The Big Silence” theme song written and performed byJames Nicholas Kinney.
Producer, Bobby Goldstein.