Personal trainer and amateur boxer, Eric Rakofsky, has always been a fighter. After a challenging upbringing and losing his father at a young age, Eric found purpose in his passion for fitness. He now helps his clients – including influential CEOs and supermodels – connect with their inner strength, in and out of the gym.
Eric is also a trainer at my favorite gym in Austin, The Kollective. I’m excited to share his story today.
In this episode, Eric opens up about his childhood in Brooklyn and how he processed grief following his father’s death. He shares how he discovered freedom and healing in movement. We talk about how to shift out of a victim mentality, and get Eric’s valuable advice to stay present through life’s challenges.
He also tells us about his recent treatment for thyroid cancer and the important life lessons that experience taught him. Plus, tune in for his tips on how to get started on a fitness journey, ways to find motivation after a break from exercise, and the secrets to being a leading personal trainer.
And make sure you don’t miss upcoming Austin retreat announcements by signing up for our newsletter atthebigsilence.com.
- The Kollective:thekollective.com
- Ladder Training:offer.joinladder.com/rakofsky
- The Adversity Advantage Podcast:From The Streets of NYC to Celebrity Trainer: The Story of Eric Rakofsky
- Read:The Big Silence: A Daughter's Memoir of Mental Illness and Healing
- Follow Karena Dawn on Instagram:@karenadawn
- Follow The Big Silence on Instagram:@The.Big.Silence
- Subscribe:The Big Silence YouTube Channel
- Therapy For All:Resources for those in need
Donate to The Big Silencethebigsilence.com/donate to be a part of the movement to break the silence and make noise with us!
“The Big Silence” theme song written and performed byJames Nicholas Kinney.
Producer, Bobby Goldstein.The Big Silence is produced byCrate Media.