I first met James Nicholas Kinney over 15 years ago at a barbeque and the vibes were flying as fast as his freestyling. Since then, we’ve played a serendipitous role in each other's lives, including his return to music in recording the amazing theme song for this show. We talk about his mental health journey from anxiety, agoraphobia, and depression, and how he got back into music after taking years away from his passion. James is a dear friend of mine and a very special part of The Big Silence family, which makes this conversation one you don’t want to miss.
- Instagram: @jamesnicholaskinney
- Read: Living at 30kFT
- Order: The Big Silence: A Daughter's Memoir of Mental Illness & Healing
- Follow Karena Dawn on Instagram: @karenadawn
- Follow The Big Silence on Instagram: @The.Big.Silence
- Subscribe: The Big Silence YouTube Channel
“The Big Silence” theme song written and performed by James Nicholas Kinney.
Executive Handyman, Bobby Goldstein.
The Big Silence is produced and published by Crate Media.