Alyson Stoner has been in the limelight since she was seven years old, where you’ll remember them as the scene-stealing pigtailed dancer from the famous Missy Elliott: Work It (2002) music video. Just prior, she was plucked from their life in Toledo and placed into an environment that would challenge them in ways that, as we learn, were unfair to a child their age.
In this episode, she’s gracious enough to share their mental health journey as she appeared in hundreds of movies, battled an eating disorder, and came out the other side as an empowered and inspiring role model to young girls everywhere.
She was named President of their own personal brand, employing forty people, before turning ten. Now, she’s the co-founder of Movement Genius, a mindful movement subscription program that helps people relieve stress and unlock a lighter, more enjoyable existence through movement techniques designed to bring the body and mind into alignment.
This one is packed with bravery, doing the hard work, strength, and centeredness – Alyson sounds, and their presence feels, like she’s learned so much from this world, and still has so much left to give. You’re going to love them even more after listening.
- Movement Genius
- Read:Mind Body Pride
- Check out Alyson’s Website:alysonstoner.com
- Follow Alyson Stoner on TikTok:@alysonstoner
- Follow Alyson Stoner on Instagram:@alysonstoner
- Follow Alyson Stoner on Twitter:@alysonstoner
- Subscribe to Alyson Stoner’sYouTube Channel
- Read:The Big Silence: A Daughter's Memoir of Mental Illness and Healing
- Follow Karena Dawn on Instagram:@karenadawn
- Follow The Big Silence on Instagram:@The.Big.Silence
- Subscribe:The Big Silence YouTube Channel
“The Big Silence” theme song written and performed byJames Nicholas Kinney.
Executive Handyman, Bobby Goldstein.The Big Silence is produced byCrate Media.