Dr. Neeta Bhushan is a well-known speaker, entrepreneur, and podcaster (check out episode 79 of The Brave Table). She’s also the author of That Sucked. Now What?, hitting bookstores in January. But before she was the evolved and expanded version of Neeta that she is today, she faced a truth that would change everything, forever.
We talk about that day, and the painful years that preceded it – a complicated journey and family dynamic that sounds a whole lot like my own. We go deep on her experience moving down a dark road of loss and grief as a young person after the tragic deaths of her mother, younger brother, and father in a three-year span.
She coped with the trauma by overachieving, overworking, overcompensating, and overgiving. She became a performer for anyone who would watch, a caregiver to her other brother – roles and responsibilities that would tie her into knots about who she was, and could become.
Her path to spiritual healing (featuring a vivid Ayahuasca experience), and escape from an abusive relationship, provide ample inspiration that anyone can better themselves, that anyone can better their environment, if they commit to the work – and to making a few tough decisions along the way.
Neeta leaves us with actionable tips from her book on processing stress and anxiety. We’re embracing the suck, anchoring our emotion, dancing like dinosaurs, and releasing it all back into the world as positive energy. I can’t wait for you to hear this one.
- Video:Dinosaur Dance by: Boots + Cats
- Pre-order:That Sucked. Now What? by Neeta Bhushan
- Podcast:The Brave Table with Neeta Bhushan
- Read:Neeta Bhushan on Amazon
- Follow Neeta Bhushan on Instagram:@neetabhushan
- Follow Neeta Bhushan on Facebook:Neeta Bhushan
- Subscribe:Neeta Bhushan's YouTube Channel
- Read:The Big Silence: A Daughter's Memoir of Mental Illness and Healing
- Follow Karena Dawn on Instagram:@karenadawn
- Follow The Big Silence on Instagram:@The.Big.Silence
- Subscribe:The Big Silence YouTube Channel
- Not Alone Challenge: Bid on experiences with me and singer/songwriter, Jewel, in support of The Big Silence and the Inspiring Children Foundation, from now until January.
- Spiritual Reset: Sign up for The Big Silence newsletter to learn how you can experience this intimate workshop on Karena’s property, January 6th, 2023.
Donate to The Big Silencethebigsilence.com/donate to be a part of the movement to break the silence and make noise with us!
“The Big Silence” theme song written and performed byJames Nicholas Kinney.
Executive Handyman, Bobby Goldstein.The Big Silence is produced byCrate Media.
Leave a comment (all fields required)