Frolicking nude in nature, giggling, sweating, even crying – there are a few things we can do as humans that deeply connect us to our inner child magic. My guest today, Christine Olivia, grew up in a toxic and unsafe environment. Shaped by that experience, she has learned to treasure the frolicking, to savor the laughter, and to always embrace the playful side of things.
Daydreaming as a kid that she’d be picked up by another family and taken in, her idea of family was broken once more at 22, when her estranged father committed suicide. Spending the rest of that decade numbing and distracting herself, she found yoga.
The peace she found on her yoga mat led her to become a teacher herself, to Bali, and to cacao – a superfood plant that she feels a deep connection to through her Guatemalan ancestral roots. Now, she’s devoted her life to ceremonial cacao practices, facilitating its spiritual healing properties.
Her new book is called A Child of Magic, and it goes deep into the critically important child work that we talk about so often on the show. Christine brings a calmness and warmth to this conversation that, contrasted with the traumas of her early experiences, give us all hope for what’s on the other side of what we might be going through.
- Read:A Child of Magic by Christine Olivia
- At-Home Ceremony Guide & Cacao Recipes:iamchristineolivia.com/gifts
- Read:The Big Silence: A Daughter's Memoir of Mental Illness and Healing
- Follow Karena Dawn on Instagram:@karenadawn
- Follow The Big Silence on Instagram:@The.Big.Silence
- Subscribe:The Big Silence YouTube Channel
- Not Alone Challenge: Bid on experiences with me and singer/songwriter, Jewel, in support of The Big Silence and the Inspiring Children Foundation, from now until January.
- Spiritual Reset: Sign up for The Big Silence newsletter to learn how you can experience this intimate workshop on Karena’s property, January 6th, 2023.
Donate to The Big Silencethebigsilence.com/donate to be a part of the movement to break the silence and make noise with us!
“The Big Silence” theme song written and performed byJames Nicholas Kinney.
Executive Handyman, Bobby Goldstein.
The Big Silence is produced byCrate Media.
Leave a comment (all fields required)