Brother and sister duo and Soul co-founders, Mike and Angie Lee, are here to share how they’ve made transitions in their career journeys and found natural solutions to managing ADHD, anxiety, and depression. Angie is a highly sought after marketing mentor, keynote speaker, professional podcaster, and serial entrepreneur. Mike is a world-ranked professional boxer who has fought in some of the world’s most iconic arenas in front of millions of fans.
In 2014, Mike was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, Ankylosing Spondylitis, which almost ended his career. Mike began searching for natural alternatives which led him to discover CBD and all of its incredible physical and mental benefits. Newly inspired, Angie and Mike founded Soul with the goal to help others with similar struggles, and have grown the business and product line with the ethos of having fun and striving for balance in all areas of life.
In this episode, we talk about all the ways Mike and Angie have learned about and cared for their mental health. They open up about everything from the complexities of your career being tied to your identity, to how mental illnesses can show up on brain scans, to their experiences as “unhealthy” professional athletes/fitness competitors, natural solutions for managing autoimmune diseases and stress, and the many far-reaching benefits of CBD.
Mike and Angie’s outlook on life is inspiring, positive, and centered in an authentic expression of who they really are. I love Mike and Angie’s perspective on having fun and not taking life too seriously – we all need that reminder from time to time. I’m thrilled to have them on the show and hope you enjoy this conversation as much as I did.
- Angie’s Instagram:@angieleeshow
- Mike’s Instagram:@officialmikelee
- Podcast:Angie Lee Show
- Shop:Soul CBD
- Read:The 12 Hour Walk by Colin O-Brady
- Podcast:What if Mental Health Is Really Brain Health? With Dr. Daniel Amen #34
- Podcast:Have More Happy Days With Gabby Bernstein #5
- Podcast:Evolving Out Loud with Kyle Cease #12
- Read:The Big Silence: A Daughter's Memoir of Mental Illness and Healing
- Follow Karena Dawn on Instagram:@karenadawn
- Follow The Big Silence on Instagram:@The.Big.Silence
- Subscribe:The Big Silence YouTube Channel
- Therapy For All:Resources for those in need
Donate to The Big Silencethebigsilence.com/donate to be a part of the movement to break the silence and make noise with us!
“The Big Silence” theme song written and performed byJames Nicholas Kinney.
Executive Handyman, Bobby Goldstein.The Big Silence is produced byCrate Media.