It’s been a while since Bobby and I have gotten together for an AMA, so we’re back with a Wine Not Wednesday AMA episode! As we’re sipping on our Slate Theory Wine, we talk about our first impressions of each other and reflect on my growth, from a shy introvert to being more confident in myself and my mission in this world.
We give our honest tips for a healthy marriage and what’s been important to our relationship over the last ten years – describing how we navigate having different hobbies and interests, and unpack how we’ve evolved as individuals, and as a couple, throughout our time together.
Overcoming challenges has been instrumental to our confidence journeys. So with that in mind, we share our experiences with race day anxiety and advice on what has helped us the most. And we answer a few rapid fire questions, like what’s our favorite book right now, our favorite food at Ski Shores, our go-to Austin lakefront restaurant, favorite guilty pleasure TV show, country song, and what we love most about living in Texas.
- Slate Theory Wine:slatetheory.com
- One Man Show at Soho House Austin:eventbrite.com
- Read:The Big Silence: A Daughter's Memoir of Mental Illness and Healing
- Follow Karena Dawn on Instagram:@karenadawn
- Follow The Big Silence on Instagram:@The.Big.Silence
- Subscribe:The Big Silence YouTube Channel
- Therapy For All:Resources for those in need
Donate to The Big Silencethebigsilence.com/donate to be a part of the movement to break the silence and make noise with us!
“The Big Silence” theme song written and performed byJames Nicholas Kinney.
Executive Handyman, Bobby Goldstein.The Big Silence is produced byCrate Media.