We’re all going to die. But how many of us live along the way?
That is the question that wellness leader, Kris Carr, poses to the community today. After following one another for many years, she finally joins us on the podcast for a deep dive into her journey and mission.
As a New York Times bestselling author, wellness activist, and cancer thriver, Kris leads the charge in the fight against disease, empowering people to take back their physical and mental health. You’ll hear examples of her own strength throughout the conversation; we can all learn from how she lives with perseverance, positivity, and presence.
In this episode, we talk about Kris’s journey with stage 4 cancer. At 31, she was given 10 years to live. 20 years later, she is not only surviving – but thriving. Kris also shares how she coped with grief and survivor’s guilt in the wake of her father’s death.
We talk vulnerably about the hard conversations you face when you’re losing a parent – unpacking the difference between fear and anxiety, not abandoning yourself, and how to support friends who are experiencing loss.
We end on a light note with five fun things you don’t know about Kris Carr. Don’t miss this inspiring conversation. And be sure to pre-order Kris’s latest book, I’m Not a Mourning Person, today!
- Facebook:Kris Carr
- Read:I’m Not a Mourning Person by Kris Carr
- Read:Crazy Sexy Kitchen by Kris Carr
- Read:Crazy Sexy Diet by Kris Carr
- Read:Crazy Sexy Cancer Survivor by Kris Carr
- Research Mentioned:Dr. Judson Brewer
- Read:The Big Silence: A Daughter's Memoir of Mental Illness and Healing
- Follow Karena Dawn on Instagram:@karenadawn
- Follow The Big Silence on Instagram:@The.Big.Silence
- Subscribe:The Big Silence YouTube Channel
- Therapy For All:Resources for those in need
Donate to The Big Silencethebigsilence.com/donate to be a part of the movement to break the silence and make noise with us!
“The Big Silence” theme song written and performed byJames Nicholas Kinney.
Executive Handyman, Bobby Goldstein.