Let’s talk about self-talk. How you speak to yourself sets the tone for everything else in your life. That’s why I’m so excited to welcome Katie Horwitch – passionate writer, mindset coach, and women’s empowerment activist – to The Big Silence podcast today.
Katie is the founder of WANT: Women Against Negative Self-Talk, a platform that gives women tools, motivation, and inspiration to shift their internal conversations in a more positive direction. Her first book, Want Your Self: Shift Your Self-Talk and Unearth The Strength In Who You Were All Along, comes out on October 3rd.
In today’s episode, Katie shares a robust toolkit and tangible tips to transform your self-talk – and these aren’t your typical BS Instagrammable platitudes! Outlining key lessons from her book, we explore the difference between self-love and self-like, how to navigate comparison mode on social media, and insightful ways to face your inner critic.
Katie also shares her personal gratitude practice and why it’s so essential. Plus, she reveals one of my favorite new tricks – how to have a “planned freakout.” She even leaves us with some helpful homework to feel more centered, grateful, and fearless.
After you listen to this episode, tag me and Katie on Instagram and tell us what you’re grateful for today. And be sure to check out her new book!
- Read:Want Your Self: Shift Your Self-Talk and Unearth The Strength In Who You Were All Along by Katie Horwitch
- Facebook:Katie Horwitch
- Podcast:WANTcast: The Women Against Negative Talk Podcast
- Read:The Big Silence: A Daughter's Memoir of Mental Illness and Healing
- Follow Karena Dawn on Instagram:@karenadawn
- Follow The Big Silence on Instagram:@The.Big.Silence
- Subscribe:The Big Silence YouTube Channel
- Therapy For All:Resources for those in need
Donate to The Big Silencethebigsilence.com/donate to be a part of the movement to break the silence and make noise with us!
“The Big Silence” theme song written and performed byJames Nicholas Kinney.
Producer, Bobby Goldstein.The Big Silence is produced byCrate Media.