I’m really excited to dig into a new topic you’ve been asking about – psychedelic therapy. Today, Derek Du Chesne and Dr. Sam Zand demystify the sometimes controversial practice and explain how it is transforming the future of mental health treatment.
Derek and Dr. Zand are the co-founders of Better U, an alternative mental health platform that offers at-home ketamine therapy and other holistic healing modalities. Their mission is to evolve our understanding of mental health – shifting the conversation from mental illness to mental wellness.
In today’s episode, Derek and Dr. Zand break down what ketamine therapy actually is, and how it’s different from the party drug and “horse tranquilizer” you may have heard of. We talk about how psychedelic therapy is used as just one part of a holistic approach to move through depression, anxiety, and grief – exploring how ketamine allows people to quiet their inner programming to uncover hidden perspective, purpose, and alignment.
Derek and Dr. Zand also share their perspectives on chemical imbalances, the effects of psychedelics vs. alcohol, and their compassionate advice for anyone struggling with their mental health right now. This episode is for anyone who is curious and open minded. Share it with your friends to spark a new conversation.
- Derek Instagram:@derekddd
- Dr. Zand Instagram: @drsamzand
- Podcast Episode:How to Shift Your Self-Talk & Live Fearlessly with Katie Horwitch
- Read:The Big Silence: A Daughter's Memoir of Mental Illness and Healing
- Follow Karena Dawn on Instagram:@karenadawn
- Follow The Big Silence on Instagram:@The.Big.Silence
- Subscribe:The Big Silence YouTube Channel
- Therapy For All:Resources for those in need
Donate to The Big Silencethebigsilence.com/donate to be a part of the movement to break the silence and make noise with us!
“The Big Silence” theme song written and performed byJames Nicholas Kinney.
Producer, Bobby Goldstein.