My guest today is the beaming and beautiful, Emme, a supermodel and body image advocate that’s broken down barriers in the modeling industry with her unique look and dedication to positive change. She was Revlon’s first full-figured model and is known as a, if not THE, pioneer in women’s body empowerment.
We learn that she stumbled into the modeling world by accident before finding herself as a sought-after talent by top brands and magazines in the nineties. We talk about the harsh mental and emotional environment in the modeling space, how she’s coached her daughter to operate within, and outside, of existing norms as a model herself, and of course – healthy body image.
It’s an honor to share this time and space with such an icon in the women’s empowerment world. As a kid in the nineties – and I’m sure many listeners will agree – it was so important to see strong confident women like Emme in the most sparkling and celebrated places, and it still is.
- Follow Emme on Instagram:@theofficialemme
- Follow Emme on Twitter:@SupermodelEmme
- Read:The Big Silence: A Daughter's Memoir of Mental Illness and Healing
- Follow Karena Dawn on Instagram:@karenadawn
- Follow The Big Silence on Instagram:@The.Big.Silence
- Subscribe:The Big Silence YouTube Channel
“The Big Silence” theme song written and performed byJames Nicholas Kinney.
Executive Handyman, Bobby Goldstein.The Big Silence is produced and published byCrate Media.