Today's guest on The Big Silence is Kati Morton. She is a licensed marriage and family therapist with a master's degree in psychology from Pepperdine University, as well as a successful author and speaker known for humanizing mental health through her super popular YouTube channel.
We cover big and little T traumas, the traits of a good and bad therapist, the cost of therapy, what high functioning depression is, how to overcome the nerves around upcoming therapy sessions, how to help a loved one who may be struggling with depression, attachment styles, and a whole bunch of fun girl talk.
I hope you enjoy this episode, and as always, make sure you share it with someone you love who might benefit from it. You can also leave a review on Apple Podcasts, and help us spread the word and break the stigma around mental health.
- Kati’s Website & Workshops:katimorton.com
- Podcast:Ask Kati Anything
- Read:Traumatized by Kati Morton, LMFT
- Read:Are You Okay? By Kati Morton, LMFT
- YouTube:Kati Morton
- Read:The Big Silence: A Daughter's Memoir of Mental Illness and Healing
- Follow Karena Dawn on Instagram:@karenadawn
- Follow The Big Silence on Instagram:@The.Big.Silence
- Subscribe:The Big Silence YouTube Channel
- Therapy For All:Resources for those in need
- Get a ticket to the SXSW Live event on March 16th:Workout, Social Hour, & Live Podcast With Your Trainers with Jeremy Hills@jhills5 and Melissa@fitgurlmel
Donate to The Big Silencethebigsilence.com/donate to be a part of the movement to break the silence and make noise with us!
“The Big Silence” theme song written and performed byJames Nicholas Kinney.
Executive Handyman, Bobby Goldstein.
The Big Silence is produced byCrate Media.