Today’s super informed guest on The Big Silence is Kim Shapira, MS, RD, a practicing celebrity dietitian and nutrition therapist for the last 25 years. She’s famous for her 6 rules to develop and sustain a normal relationship with food, which forms the outline of her new book, This Is What You’re Really Hungry For, and our insightful conversation, today.
Kim specializes in helping people lose weight with a healthy mindset, the deep connections between mental health and eating, and disordered eating – all subjects we unpack in this episode. Surviving a rare health diagnosis, a dozen surgeries, and Epstein Bar as a youth – her story is one of triumph over pain, starring holistic practices and clean, mindful eating.
We begin by carefully reframing diet language – identifying triggers and where/when/how we develop our highly unique coping mechanisms – before going deep on her 6 rules and applying them to your life.
- Follow Kim Shapira on Instagram:@kimshapiramethod
- Follow Kim Shapira on Facebook:@kimshapiramethod
- Follow Kim Shapira on TikTok:@kimshapiramethod
- Explore:Norman Cousins, Still Laughing | Washing Post
- Read:The Big Silence: A Daughter's Memoir of Mental Illness and Healing
- Follow Karena Dawn on Instagram:@karenadawn
- Follow The Big Silence on Instagram:@The.Big.Silence
- Subscribe:The Big Silence YouTube Channel
- Therapy For All:Resources for those in need
Donate to The Big Silencethebigsilence.com/donate to be a part of the movement to break the silence and make noise with us!
“The Big Silence” theme song written and performed byJames Nicholas Kinney.
Executive Handyman, Bobby Goldstein.The Big Silence is produced byCrate Media.